The Computer Research Institute of Montréal (CRIM) is a leading IT expertise centre that generates concrete results as well as a strategic partner in innovation for organizations. CRIM is a non-profit organization whose work is in line with the policies and strategies of its major financial partner, the ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation.
CRIM was created in 1985 by a network of businesses and universities seeking to bridge the gap between these two worlds. Their goal was to create a neutral, independent, agile and efficient organization that would bring together IT producers and users in order to accelerate the transfer of new technologies to the marketplace.
CRIM is an applied research and expertise centre in information technology, dedicated to making organizations more effective and competitive through the development of innovative technology and the transfer of leading edge know-how, while contributing to scientific advancement.
Spheres of intervention
CRIM’s activities are wide-ranging: support for businesses, partnerships with other key players in the tech industry, creation of networking opportunities amongst innovative Québec businesses through our membership system and event organization, contribution to scientific advancement, participation in training specialized IT research personnel through student and trainee recruitment, etc.
Your strategic partner
- Situated between academic research and industry
- Maintains a neutral stance to propose the best solutions for each client and offer an objective point of view on your technological issues
- Makes scientific innovations efficient in real life contexts
- Transfers cutting-edge knowledge to industry to make businesses more competitive
- Assists organizations in all sectors in their digital transformation
- Supports organizations in leveraging their data and turning it into a vector for growth
- Creates concrete solutions adapted to the reality of small and medium-sized businesses
- Contributes to the advancement of research in the IT sector
CRIM is ISO 9001:2015 certified. This certification is awarded only to organizations that meet the highest quality standards, both in operations and client relations. CRIM is fully committed to the quality process and continually validates the excellence of its deliverables and services as well as the efficiency and relevance of its activities.
Board of Directors
Vice President, Strategy and Business development, FX Innovation - President of the Board of Directors
Executive Director, Réseau QG100
President, Côté Multimédia
Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Université Laval
President, ACJ Communication – Secrétaire du CA
CEO, Aligo Innovation
President and CEO, IXIASOFT - Vice President of the Board of Directors
R-D Director, Croesus
Professor, Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science, Université de Sherbrooke
Functional Manager, École de technologie supérieure
General Manager, TECHNOCompétences
Co-founder and CEO, Nu Echo
De facto observers
Directrice – Soutien aux organisations, Secteur de l'innovation, Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation
Legal advisor on the Board of Directors
Partner, Lavery, De Billy Lawyers
Scientists Advisory Board
Professor and CISCO Chair in Healthcare & Director of the Advanced Man-Machine Interface Laboratory of the Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta (Canada)
Professor and Canada Research Chair in Visual Text Analytics & Director of the Institute for Big Data Analytics Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University (Canada)
Senior Scientist, INRIA (France)
Professor in the Department of Information Technology, HEC Montréal (Canada)
Director General S&T Army / ADM(S&T), Defence Research and Development / National Defence / Government of Canada – President of the Scientists Advisory Board
We work at the heart of Québec's rich innovation ecosystem: a vast network of companies, researchers and professionals who want to place cutting-edge technologies at the core of their development strategy and take advantage of all the opportunities offered by the digital revolution.
- A friendly work atmosphere
- Varied and exciting projects
- An emphasis on employee autonomy and creativity
- Tailored opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Clear and transparent communication between management and employees