Application type : Contractual position
* The masculine gender is used only to lighten the text.
CRIM is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a background in speaker recognition, face recognition and, ideally, in other related fields such as speaker diarization, speech recognition and machine learning. The successful candidate will work on audio-visual speaker recognition research activities within the group.
The ideal candidate must be able to work on team research themes and supervise graduate students in an open environment where collaborations with experts in other fields at CRIM is valued.
This position is in Montreal in hybrid mode (office and telework).
• Perform high quality research on audio-visual speaker verification and speaker/face recognition
• Assist in supervising graduate students
• Publish in referred journals and conferences
• Write/contribute to grant applications for new research projects
• Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in one of these areas: Electrical engineering/Computer Science or engineering/Computer Vision/AI/Machine Learning and Deep Learning
• Exceptional academic record and a clear aptitude for research
• Good publication record
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Familiarity with Python, C/C++ and Perl programming languages
• Familiarity with face recognition and/or speech processing and deep learning tools such as Kaldi, Pytorch, Tensorflow
• Experience in machine learning and deep learning
• Experience in speech processing and/or image processing and audio-visual verification tasks
• Proficiency in written and spoken French
Located in Montréal, an historical, vibrant and culturally diverse city with 6 universities, recognized for its safety and low cost of living. Already a favorite of high tech and creative industries, Montréal have recently received large public and private investments and been turned into a leading centre in machine learning and artificial intelligence research.
CRIM is a fair employer and diversity is important for us. We value the development of ideas as a team and cultivate an open work environment that respects differences. We encourage all applicants to apply for this position, however, only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CRIM!
Join CRIM’s team and work with dynamic and passionate people!
Join the CRIM team and work with passionate and dynamic people!
* required fields
No posts found!