CRIM helps you to unlock the potential of all types of data
Speech - Audio
Video - Image
At the heart of business success
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that covers several areas of artificial intelligence. It is at the heart of any technological innovation and value-added project to ensure the sustainability of organizations.
CRIM experts use their knowledge and know-how to answer your questions and carry out projects based on data processing.
Data integrity and compliance
Organizational transformation and innovation initiatives can only happen with quality data. Data is no longer the mere result of business processes but an asset. Business people are taking more responsibility for their data, making a more intensive use in contexts that are not necessarily the one initially intended. Data is collected from a variety of sources and is cross-referenced to generate value. Therefore, data governance is essential to preserve data integrity and compliance.
CRIM’s expertise in the area of compliance and data integrity is structured around the following aspects:
- Regulatory compliance with provincial laws, i.e., Quebec’s Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector, federal laws, i.e., Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, or international standards, such as the The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation;
- The overall accuracy, completeness, and consistency of the data;
- Data security, i.e. protection against external attacks. The motivation for this new cross-cutting expertise comes from the evolution of data status: it is now at the heart of a large number of decisions and organizational transformations (analytics, business intelligence, artificial intelligence, automation, etc.).
This expertise takes the form of tangible outcomes and applications such as:
- Voice biometrics
- Deepfake detection
- Analysis of user behaviour and applications
- IoT cyber security and in the detection of malware